Supply Chain Manager
TrueChoicePack (TCP) is a fast growing company that is expert in the design, manufacture & distribution of green, traditional, customized and private label packaging and disposable products. The TCP team provides products and services to its customers through the packaging process ‘from concept to delivery’ to ensure its customers achieve their business goals. The company provides an array of products including food service tableware, bags, films, trashcan liners, and more.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage and controls all aspects of products from making decision of procurement and delivery through shipments to customers.
- oversees procurement, planning, scheduling, inventory, shipping and receiving and delivering products to customers.
- Work on bids that are issued by customers. Get quotes, evaluate best pricing, products and submit the most competitive bids, and quotes to customers.
- Follow up on bids, including sample submissions, feedback etc.
- Once business is won, work with the factories on every aspects of product development and ensuring the smooth project implementation and supply chain with customers.
- Ensures that every step of the procurement and product management processes are functioning effectively
- Directs planning of procurement and products including subcontracted services such as international and domestic freight companies, warehousing etc. to making sure the company is spending dollars in effective and efficient ways.
- Responsible for inventory accuracy and turns.
- Communicates needs and objectives to key internal and external stakeholders, including suppliers, sales, service, manufacturing and management.
- Oversees all planning and scheduling activities of international and domestic supply chain
- Establishes and enforces procedures and guidelines to ensure proper recording, storage and tracking of all items purchased by the Company.
- Monitors prices of major commodities; analyzes impact based on annual usage and reports findings to management for budgeting purposes.
- Monitors significant trends, changes in suppliers, and prices to capitalize on opportunities and/or protect company positions.
- Contacts carriers to negotiate contracts/pricing, troubleshoot problems, and to arrange/coordinate challenging shipments.
- Identify new suppliers that has scale to work with TrueChoicePack and build with existing and new suppliers.
- performance in areas of quality, on-time-delivery, technical resources/support and ease of doing business
- Negotiates terms to obtain product in timely and most cost-effective manner.
- Negotiates in-bound and out-bound freight and carrier contracts and terms.
- Participating in developing new strategic plans and facilities of the company.
- Responsible for ordering and importing sea containers, as well as complying with customs regulations and maintaining relationships with freight forwarders and coordinating their efforts.
- Being flexible to assume any other responsibilities as needed, and willing to be cross trained for other jobs as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s or associate degree, Supply Chain Management, or other related discipline.
- 3-5 years of purchasing, including the purchasing technical products/materials and commodity items.
- Excellent skill sets in Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint Outlook
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well in a team-based environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Highly organized and process-driven.
- Dedicated to the pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as and when needed including business meetings, trade shows etc. Total travel time is not more than 5%.
- Full time positions with 40 hours/week
- Salary: $40,000 – $50,000 depending upon experience.
- Retirement plans
- Two weeks’ vacation (80 Hours).
- Six paid holidays each year
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: Supply Chain Management 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location